Friday, November 9, 2007

Hello from Room 38!


I am thrilled to be a part of this class. I have been blogging for a while on my own but it has all been self-taught. I am hoping to pick up some helpful tips to make the process even easier. Podcasting is entirely new to me so I am really looking forward to that as well.
Last week I started a class blog. Our class read the book Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. After reading the book we learned about the components of a friendly letter. Using our newly learned letter writing skills we wrote letters and sent out over 40 Flat Stanley's around the globe and will blog about them as they return to us. This is a great project for us because it incorporates many 2nd grade skills such and reading, letter writing, map skills and math (measurement) Come on over to Room 38 is Great! and check us out.

See you in December!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting! As a self-proclaimed "map freak" I love Flat Stanley projects. If you want I can show you how to easily make a Google Earth tour of where your Flat Stanley has visited. Here is a link to a video tutorial I made for my students http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJwarqTLQA