Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blogging Literature Circles



Every now and then I really wish I didn't teach science. Using blogs with literature would certainly be one of those examples. I can't figure out which standard could count as my literature standard.

I have read in a few different places about students using blogs to discuss a piece of literature they are currently reading in class and I personally love the idea. For example, last school year 8th grade history students in Liberty, Missouri read Guerrilla Season as part of a Civil War unit. Their online discussions involved not only fellow classmates, but also parents, school board members, students in California, and even the book's author, Pat Hughes. Take a moment to check out the video above and the Guerrilla Season Blog. There are also two other articles in USA Today and School Library Journal. Perhaps you have a similar idea for your own blogging project?

Joe

1 comment:

Dana Stemig said...

This is a fantastic project. It almost makes me want to go back to a classroom so that I could do something similar.